Articles by Patricia A. Allison
July 15, 2016
The Anglican Parish of St. George's, born in 1841, has been operating in a small town just outside London, Ontario, for 175 years. Read the story here.
One hundred and seventy-five years ago, a group of South Western Ontario settlers held their first service together as the Anglican Parish of St In February the choir joined with the neighbouring United Church choir to perform a concert of Sunday anthems, honouring the musical legacy of St It was Robert Robson who, as organist and choir master in the early years, secured a fine organ for the church by entering the St A young Irishman, the Reverend Edward Sullivan, who was later to become the first Bishop of Algoma, was sent to minister to the group of settlers who lived around the thirteenth concession of London township, and under his care the congregation came to the point of being self-supporting George’s church choir into a competition, in which the organ itself was the first prize